Wednesday, November 01, 2006

on to a good month

I don't like the month of October. Nothing particularly bad happened this month, in fact a lot of good things happened. But as far as months go, November kicks the pants off of October. So much of the focus of October is on Halloween, which is a stupid holiday. Novemeber, however, leads up to Thanksgiving which is way better. Thanksgiving will be particularly good this year because it will be the first time I get to see my first nephew who will be showing his face in this world for the first time in a week from today. It wasn't looking so positive that I would be able to get the Friday after Thanksgiving off since I work at a retail store (I worked 14 hours at two different retail stores last year on that day). In order to get any days off at my work, one has to get three people to sign off. Two were easy, but the assistant manager is never an easy one, especially on that day. Fortunately, she never looked at what day it was and signed off on it. It looks like I'm in the clear for a long weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lola Bacon said...

awesome! Too bad I'm going to be stuck in a tiny town with people that don't like me very much.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Missi said...

Aw, thanks for the birthday wishes! See you... in a couple months!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home