Friday, May 18, 2007

not so easy

The Red Sox game rained out. Fortunately, it was rescheduled for the following day at 12:35pm. My flight didn't leave until 5:30pm. This ended up being a tight squeeze. I had to take my luggage with me to the game so I could go directly to the airport afterwards since going back to the place I was staying to get my stuff would take too long. I was counting on a nearby hotel to hold my stuff for me for a tip, but they said they could no longer do that for security reasons. The ball park couldn't put it anywhere and it was too big to take inside, so the people taking tickets suggested I pay a concessions guy (on the outside of the stadium) to hold for me. They said that the concession guys were there every game and would keep it safe. As sketchy as that sounded to me, I had no choice. I ended up paying a guy selling Italian sausages $10 to keep my bag in his car (parked by his stand). I worked out fine. After an exciting 2-1 victory for the Sox, I faced the difficulty of getting myself, my large bag and my backpack into an overcrowded Metro train. This wasn't working at all. The trains were too full with Sox fans, and probably would be for another half and hour or so. Instead I took a taxi to the airport, checked my bag, got my boarding pass, and inched my way through security (with my shoes off), and made to my flight just after they started boarding. It cost me a few extra bucks, but I at least I got to see a game at Fenway Park.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. D_Long said...

Fuew! Since it all worked out, I would say it was worth it.....if the guy had taken off with your luggage and you missed the plane.....I'm not sure. =) No, probably still worth it. Having a great story/memory to show for it always counts for big points. (even if it was stressful) What a great way to end a momentus trip!
See you soon!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home