Monday, August 07, 2006

portland weekend part 1 of 2

I was in Portland this weekend for Joel's bachelor party, and will be again next weekend for Joel and Amanda's wedding. It was so much fun, but really busy. I hung out with Jason and Becky when I first pulled into town. Then went straight to the airport to see off the India team and ended up hanging with the Fishers for a little bit. That was nice to catch up with them and hear what's happening with New Song and some of the people there. Then I went home and slept for an hour before going to McGillicuddy's for Joel's party. Many things happened there of which I will only mention a few such as shoving popsicles down Joel's pants, hitting him in the head while he wore a baseball helmet, and being hated by the rest of the bar for monopolizing their precious karaoke night including an episode that almost got some of us beat up by a big bald dude. We proceeded to the Pietila's Battleground property where we spent the night. It was fun even though there were some ridiculous conversions (concerning the environment, politics and religion) that shouldn't be had by drunk people. We went to breakfast in the morning at some place on Fremont after an attempt of breakfast at Sharri's that ended with a walk through WinCo and Joel vomitting in the parking lot for all the post-church Sharri's eaters to see. Later in the day I went to the river with good friends, followed by Thai food. Overall, it was an excellent weekend. I will be back in Portland again on Friday for another busy, but fun weekend.
This weekend also helped me develop some potential future plans which would include moving back to Portland in early Spring, followed by a 2 month U.S. road trip. Then I would finish school the following Fall or Spring. It may not happen that way, but it's an idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. D_Long said...

Woah! crazy! There's a part 2? --I don't know if girls are supposed to hear all these "Bachlor Party" things! =)
Akh! As much as I know that I will being leaving Walla Walla at some point, it made my stomach drop to hear you put an actual date to your plans!!!! Ouch. Saddness. Say it isn't so! Even though it makes sense for you to finish school there....I wish you didn't have to.
COOL! a road trip! 2 MONTHS!!!! WOW. That sounds so long, but truely there are lots of great places to go. It would be worth saving up for. (You might have to take out a loan for gas!) But talk about great stories to share for the rest of your life! AWESOME. I have a book about two guys that did a similar thing...called something about God, maybe, and a vw van?--really clear, I know. YOu can borrow it if you want. It's good.
Woah! Maybe this should of been an email--sorry peeps! But it was a long post by Adam in the first place =) So it's justified, right?!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs. D_Long said...

"Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance" by Donald Miller --google is GREAT!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Mrs. D_Long said...

I figure you've heard of him-- (DM) seeing as he's in Portland at Imago Dei. and well known for it.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home