Monday, January 29, 2007

there and back again

Here's how my weekend went:
On Friday evening Cliff Baker spoke at Journey. It was great. After service I went to go see Pan's Labyrinth, but neither Laurel or myself had cash and the ATM at the theater was also out of cash. We watched Joe Versus the Volcano instead. I took Friday night off of work, but was still unable to go to sleep at a decent time. After 4 hours of sleep I left for Portland with Cherise. I hung out with Greg Davis for the first time in nearly a year. I then proceeded to my parent's house and hung out with the whole family for the afternoon which included Lunch at Noho's, Nintendo Wii, and Bohnanza. The evening was excellent as I picked up Lalita and Cherise and went to Lalita's birthday party at the Press Club. I enjoyed hours of great music by Janaki DeChand, Justin Power, and The Butcher's and The Builder's (or vice versa, I can never remember), as well as excellent hang out time with some excellent friends. I also got my first quality tobacco pipe thanks to Bryce. I went home, got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep and then proceeded to return to Walla Walla just in time for worship rehearsal. After another great service with Cliff Baker which was exactly what I needed to hear, I went home and took a nap. After the nap, I went with Amber, Brendan, and Laurel to see Children of Men which was a fine movie. Very intense. Afterwards I went to Verve and played Catan for the rest of the evening included getting crushed at Seafarer's (my first full game) and then dominating the original version. I went to my prayer service which I enjoy much more on Sunday nights then the brief stint on Thursday afternoons. I tried to watch Pirates 2 as my later night movie, but only lasted about a half hour before I began dozing off. I then slept for nearly 12 hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Turner said...

Wow. I'm tired just thinking about it! Of course, it could also be the 16 hours of straight homework I just did that is make me tired...Sounds like fun, though!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home