Monday, January 09, 2006

make some dilemmanade

This morning I poured myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast. It was the poor man's version of cinnamon toast crunch. I finished off the box, which only filled half my bowl, then threw the box away. As I opened the milk to pour upon my cinnamon toasted goodness, I noticed an unpleasant stench arise from carton. Although the expiration date had not yet passed, the milk was definately not drinkable. I poured the remainder of the milk out and then turned to my dry bowl of cereal. What was I to do? There was no milk for my cereal and the box in which I could have poured my dry cereal back into was already destroyed and in the garbage can. This was a dilemma indeed. I assessed my options. I decided immediately that the amount of cereal was not worth saving until I was able to purchase milk, leaving my opttions to: 1) Throw it away; or 2) Find some way to eat it. I figured option 2 was at least worth a shot. I took the safe route at first and began eating the cereal dry as though the pieces were miniature square shaped cookies. I quickly grew tired of dry cereal and would have rather not eaten it at all, so I took path number 2: Add a substitutionary liquid. Water was never really an option. Instead I added the only other drinking liquid I had available to me: Paradise Punch. As I poured the juice, I thought of all the stories I've heard about lactose intolerant kids who have to eat their cereal with juice. As I took my first bite, I felt pity for those kids. Then, as I thought about it more, I didn't remember Paradise Punch ever being an option in any of those stories. I threw the rest away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Turner said...

yeah, vanilla flavored soy milk works much better than punch for the lactose intollerant...still not as good as milk, but what you do...You really should go shopping, you know :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lola Bacon said...

ooohh... but rice milk in cinnamin cereal is delicious, and once you eat all of the cereal, you have orchada!

I think cheerios and apple juice would be.... edible. Better than paradise punch and any kind of cereal, except maybe fruit loops.

3:19 PM  
Blogger WallaWallaDay said...

Adam! It's been awhile... seriously, what? Three days or something? Crazy.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home