Friday, March 11, 2005

a child sized snorkel

The other day I was riding across the Hawthorne bridge. Part way across, my companions and I saw a woman up on the guard rail, walking as though on a balance beam. At first I thought, "Maybe she doesn't realize that if she falls to her left she's going to have only a few seconds to think about her stupidity before she floats away with a mixture of water and feces known as the Willamette River." But when I looked closer, everything made sense. I really shouldn't have made such a quick judgment about her. She wasn't stupid. She was taking major safety precautions in her adventurous act.....and by "safety precautions" I mean she was wearing a child sized snorkel.

3 Comments:

Blogger WallaWallaDay said...

Um, what happened next? Was she okay? Did she jump into the river? Do you and your band of merry men save her? Did you fashion her with a more fitting snorkel?

10:51 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Actually, I was not traveling with my band of merry men. In fact one of my traveling companions yelled "Idiot!" to the lady on our second pass. She was no longer on the rail at this point, but safely back on the ground.

12:49 PM  
Blogger WallaWallaDay said...

Sorry to hear about your band of merry men. You must be heartbroken that they all decided to abandon you and become nuns. You must also be a little weirded out by that... I mean, I am. Men nuns are not my idea of a good time.

Uh... anyway! Moving on.
I really like how your URL is liftclub. It makes me smile every time.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home